Re: Delay of release....

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Delay of release....
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:31:20 -0700

On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:03 PM, Nicola Pero wrote:
Ok ... thanks. I suppose for gnustep-make I can do all the steps up to tagging the release, then you or Gregory will send out announces and manage the release
publishing ?

Sure, that's fine.

But since 1.13.0 we have dropped the library suffixes and changed the ./obj directories ... if you have stuff compiled with 1.13.0 on your machine when you install the new gnustep-make you might need to recompile everything. :-)

That seems to deserve at least bumping up the minor number to 1.14.0! ;-)

Definitely. 1.14 is the current (unreleased) unstable version of base so it should at least be bumped to that.

I always like to at least keep these two packages in sync with release numbers as well. The only issue is that the current policy states that 'stable' release have an even sub-minor version number, but perhaps we could just clean that up with the next stable/unstable release (or change the policy).

PS: When we complete the Linux/general FHS support (which is not far, I'm getting there, a last big effort [involving also gnustep- base] and it will be done) I'd like to bump the gnustep-make version number straight up to 2.0.0. Which will be deserved because of the massive psychological/practical impact of the change. ;-)
That sounds grand. Advertising that GNUstep now automatically integrates with standard systems might make people take notice...