Re: Duplicate Member in NSMenuItemCell.h

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Duplicate Member in NSMenuItemCell.h
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:24:15 +0100

Ted Howard schrieb:
> When I try to compile gui from the trunk, I get a duplicate member error
> in NSMenuItemCell.h on _backgroundColor.
>
> Upon looking at the code, I noticed that NSButtonCell was recently
> modified to include a _backgroundColor member.  Since NSMenuItemCell
> extends NSButtonCell, the _backgroundColor member of NSMenuItemCell
> should be removed.
>
> I tried this on my machine, and it seems to work fine.  I have attached
> a patch that does this.

This problem is interesting, as I did not get it reported by my gcc. I
had noticed it myself before, but as gcc did accept my code without a
warning I thought it wont pose a problem to anyone. So I thought, that I
could address it later on, when in my progress of adding MacOS 10.4
methods to each class I ever would reach this one.

I will correct this tomorrow, removing all references to the ivar in
NSMenuItemCell, which never had been needed there at all.

Cheers,