Re: gnustep-make experiment

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: gnustep-make experiment
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 22:42:01 +0100

Just to chime in... I compiled pkg-config from source a couple of times and it does need glib.

I haven't been able to work around glib.

Dennis

On 2007-02-09 09:18:02 -0800 Wim Oudshoorn <address@hidden> wrote:
So next I tried to download pkg-config version 0.21 and compile it
(on
MS Windows). Of course that failed because I hadn't installed glib.
So
I gave up.  (I tried once to get glib compiled on windows and it
wasn't a pleasant experience.)

It does not require anything but a reasonably well working C compiler
and a C library,
but can use an installed glib if that is present.

Well, did you actually try compiling pkg-config? I did not investigate deeply but the suggested way of compiling:

./configure
make

Did not work.  ./configure succeeded splendidly, but make
failed and the reason was that glib.h could not be found.

But I don't want to start a discussion in the GNUstep mailing lists on
how to install pkg-config.   I just wanted to see how it would work on windows.

Wim Oudshoorn.