Re: gnustep-make experiment

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: gnustep-make experiment
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:05:00 +0100 (CET)

Thanks ... good points.  I like the idea of doing it automatically
only if the user wants it, but I'm (personally) not too keen on having scripts
that try to talk to the user and that require attention.

Maybe we could just print a warning at the end of compilation, saying

"Important: you may need to run ldconfig for your installed libraries to work.
Tip: If you want gnustep-make to do it automatically for you, please use the
command
'make install ldconfig=yes'."

Then if you want gnustep-make to always do it for you (I will be one of those
when I'm not testing crazy setups) you can just add ldconfig=yes to your
environment ...

Thanks