Re: gnustep-make experiment

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: gnustep-make experiment
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:53:41 -0800 (PST)

Guy,

I've been reading through this thread and it has gone on for a long while and
I'm sorry that I haven't chimed in until now.   I'm sorry to say, but, on the
one hand I'm not sure that I see the benefit of creating our own home grown
solution to a problem that has been solved by pkg-config.    On the other hand,
I'm mindful of what Nicola said with respect to GNUstep-make dynamically
generating the configuration parameters.

My questions are:
1) Is pkg-config critical to the goal of FHS compliance?
2) Can we leverage it to simplify gnustep-make?

If the answer to either of these is "yes" then I feel it's something that we
should explore.

Later, GJC

--
Gregory Casamento