Re: Playing with Gears

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Playing with Gears
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:02:24 +0100

I just gave gear a try under MacOSX and it works wonderful. All I needed
to change was replace GL/gl.h with OpenGL/gl.h and include the GNustep
macros from GNUstep.h. Marvellous how portable applications can be.

All three animation models (or rather all five, as combinations are
implemented as well) work on Cocoa. Performer is rather slow, when there
a no new events generated and the others stop to work as soon as you
open up the menu. But the menu works in all cases, so there is a
difference to the GNUstep implementation.

Great example!
Fred