Re: gnustep-make experiment

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: gnustep-make experiment
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:08:47 -0800

On 2007-02-16 12:04:14 -0800 Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:

This patch rewrites some internal code (making it more complex, not more easy, but I suppose it's a matter of taste) and the only visible effect I can see is that it destroys the non-flattened (ie, fat binary) support in gnustep-make. :-(

Fat binaries *will* be/are supported in gnustep-make v2, and given all the effort that was spent to keep that very difficult feature working across massive changes in going from gnustep-make v1 to gnustep-make v2, I do want it to be clearly advertised and marketed. :-)

No way we're dropping it right now once all the work has been completed and we're on track
with gnustep-make v2.

No that should still work..

GNUSTEP_HEADERS_DIRS/GNUSTEP_HEADERS_FLAGS and the libraries counterparts

is either set to ${GNUSTEP_HEADERS_DIRS_FLATTENED} or
${GNUSTEP_HEADERS_DIRS_NON_FLATTENED}

this stuff just no longer needs to be handled inside of make.