FOSDEM

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: FOSDEM
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:38:41 +0000

Hi all,

Just a quick update about the fosdem... First.. materials.. I printed
50 color copies of the booklet
(http://www.roard.com/gnustep/fosdem_a4.pdf) and 50 color copies of
the brochure (http://www.roard.com/gnustep/GNUstep-brochure.pdf). In
addition, there's a few leftover from last year; I think it should be
enough (at worse we can print more in brussels) -- or more exactly I'm
pretty sure we'll run out of copies (people like color stuff..), but,
considering the small apparent impact those had, I don't know if we
should print much more than that (feel free to print some if you want
though). I also printed a bigger banner in addition to the small one
from last year. We should also have an étoilé livecd available (also
with an account setup for "standard" gnustep). Gürkan: did you do an
update of your livecd ?

For the talks, I'd like to film them -- like last year's attempt..
only better (http://www.xdev.org/fosdem2006) ;-)
Normally jesse should be able to bring a video camera, but if you can
bring one too, please do it (send me a private mail perhaps) -- it
will be better and more flexible if we can have two cameras instead of
one, obviously. In the same way, if you have a spare external hard
drive with lots of place, that could prove useful for the video.

On the booth, we'll have some books available
(http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php?title=FOSDEM_2007#Books_to_Show)
for people interested, but more importantly, I'd like us to really
make an effort to demo things to people -- not just sitting behind our
desk like we usually do... Gerhold is bringing a nice LCD screen, so
if you bring a machine with you, try to set it up (perhaps a demo
guest account ?) to easily demonstrate gnustep :-) ; ideally we could
take turn to do short demonstrations (gnustep environment, project
center / manager, gorm, converter demo, Windows port, etc). Again, if
you can bring a spare machine with you for the booth, that'd be great
-- spare LCD would be great as well.

Really, we should try our best to have an interesting booth -- that's
what people will see of gnustep.

Last thing.. I'll arrive in brussels thursday evening; if somebody
wants to meet before the fosdem (quentin and jesse will be there too)
just send me a mail.

See you in Brussels !

--
Nicolas Roard
"La perfection, ce n'est pas quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, c'est