Re: Etoile live cd 0.2 prerelease

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Etoile live cd 0.2 prerelease
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:26:11 +0100

Nicolas Roard wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I tried to download this file, but Safari complains about a non-existing
>> URL. Could you please reconfirm that the link on this page is correct?
>
> Yes, I left the lab in a hurry and forgot to rename the iso file
> properly... sorry about that ! it should be fixed now :)

Hi Nicolas,

I just wanted to thank you for this great pre-release. The nights at the
FOSDEM have been well spend :-)
You can see that it is not really finished yet, still it already worked
fine when booting directly into it on my MacBook Pro.

What you should do is add more GNUstep based applications to the CD.
There are much more GNUstep applications out there then we are aware of
and the Etoile CD could be a way of showing them.

Working on the GNUstep core I would also like to see more of your stuff
being back ported to GNUstep. Why keep the good things to yourselves?

Cheers,