Re: Problem with gnustep trunk

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Problem with gnustep trunk
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:58:44 +0100

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:23:24AM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> At a guess ... the supplied string is not legal UTF-8
>
> I suggest looking to see what the content of 'bytes' actually is, and
> see where it came from.

Well, bytes value is "février" (in iso-8859-1 I think) and comes from

[NSString stringWithUTF8String: nl_langinfo (MON_1+1)]

The value seems to be correctly encoded in
System/Library/Libraries/gnustep-base/Versions/1.14/Resources/Languages/French
but I guess nl_langinfo doesn't look there for it.

I tried to find the last working gnustep revision and it seems (modulo
mistakes on my part) 24480.

Hope that helps,
Philippe
--
Le gouvernement a un bras long et un bras court : le long sert à prendre et
arrive partout ; le bras court sert à donner mais il arrive seulement à ceux