Re: Problem with gnustep trunk

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Problem with gnustep trunk
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:25:06 +0100

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:58:44PM +0100, Philippe Roussel wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:23:24AM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> > At a guess ... the supplied string is not legal UTF-8
> >
> > I suggest looking to see what the content of 'bytes' actually is, and
> > see where it came from.
>
> Well, bytes value is "février" (in iso-8859-1 I think) and comes from
>
> [NSString stringWithUTF8String: nl_langinfo (MON_1+1)]
>
> The value seems to be correctly encoded in
> System/Library/Libraries/gnustep-base/Versions/1.14/Resources/Languages/French
> but I guess nl_langinfo doesn't look there for it.
>
> I tried to find the last working gnustep revision and it seems (modulo
> mistakes on my part) 24480.

Maybe it's obvious but 'export LANG=fr_FR' will help you reproduce the
problem. If I use C (or en) locale), I simply get the warning someone
already reported :

File NSUserDefaults.m: 552. In [NSUserDefaults +standardUserDefaults]
Improper installation: No language locale found

Philippe
--
L'expérience est le nom que chacun donne à ses erreurs. Oscar Wilde, L'Éventail
de Lady Windermere