Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64

From: Michael Gardner
Subject: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:46:53 -0500

I'm having problems using "new-style" exceptions with GNUstep on
FreeBSD 6.2 (amd64). I have the following program (main.m):

#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
int main(int argc, char ** argv) {
       @try {
               @throw nil;
       } @catch (id thing) {
               printf("caught!\n");
       }
}

which runs file when I compile it with:

g++41 -fobjc-exceptions -I$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Headers
-L$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Libraries -lobjc -lgnustep-base -o main
main.m

but crashes with an "Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)" when I compile it
using gmake. I tried to run it under GDB, but all I get is this:

warning: Unable to get location for thread creation breakpoint: generic error
[New LWP 100171]
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
The program no longer exists.

I'm running the following versions of the GNUstep libraries (compiled
from ports):

gnustep-back-0.11.0
gnustep-base-1.13.1
gnustep-gui-0.11.0