Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:36:36 -0700

On 3/14/07, Michael Gardner <address@hidden> wrote:
In any case it wouldn't seem to explain why I don't get
the crash if I do the compilation and linking in a single step, or if
I use g++ instead of gcc.

Are you also linking with -fexceptions.  The issue is most likely the
shared libgcc is not being used which causes exceptions not to work
accross shared library boundaries.

With g++, it automatically links with the shared libgcc, likewise when
linking with -fexceptions.

So can you look at the output of "ldd" on the executables build by a
single step and built via two steps?  You will most likely see in the
case of a single step, it does not link against the shared libgcc.

-- Pinski