Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64

From: Michael Gardner
Subject: Re: Crash with new-style exceptions on FreeBSD amd64
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:01:04 -0500

On 3/15/07, Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:
I believe that Andrew is suggesting trying

 -fobjc-exceptions -fexceptions

both when compiling and linking.  Can you try it out ?

Ah, I misread; sorry about that. I just tried that suggestion:

gcc41 -c -fobjc-exceptions -fexceptions
-I$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Headers -o main.o main.m
gcc41 -fobjc-exceptions -fexceptions
-L$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Libraries -lobjc -lgnustep-base -o main
main.o

and it still aborts. Also, regarding Richard's suggestion to configure
gnustep-make with --enable-native-objc-exceptions: I hacked up the
configure script a little and got it to compile with that option
enabled. However, I'm still getting the crashes as before.

-Michael