Re: Summer of Code 2007

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2007
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:01:39 -0700

On 3/16/07, Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:

> But... for the sake of the Google SoC, it's probably best if we concentrate
on those areas in
> which we are sorely in need of help.   Currently, a Renaissance GUI builder
would be
> interesting, but not essential.

It's kind of an upsetting answer for me, but I'll refrain from submitting it as
a project then.

 While I agree with Gregory that it would be better to support
Renaissance in Gorm,
 for SoC, which only last a summer and depends on student's interest,
 we should not block the option of Renaissance GUI builder.
 1. Duplicate work will become an issue only when there is a student
who are interested in it.
 2. Even there is a student who is interested in it, Nicola can keep
the GUI builder modular
     in case in the future, GNUstep want to support Renaissance in Gorm.
 So if this Renaissance GUI builder can be more or less in the
similar structure of Gorm,
 or even use the same interface for bundle, to me, it should be an
option for students.

 It is just my 2 cents.  :)

 Yen-Ju

Thanks