RE: Problem building gnustep-base tools with MinGW

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Problem building gnustep-base tools with MinGW
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:51:28 +0100 (CET)

>> I suggest following the instructions on core/make/Documentation/README.MinGW.
>
> That's what i did. Many times :-((

Which version of the document are you following ?

You should follow the one that comes with the version of gnustep-make that you
are using.  In particular, the one from trunk suggests configuring gnustep-make
as:

./configure --with-layout=fhs
make
make install

That would install things into <msys root>/local/bin, <msys root>/local/lib,
etc.

If you're doing anything different than that, you're on your own - ie, you need
to know what you are doing ;-)

An alternative would be just

./configure
make
make install

Thanks

PS: stuff like

./configure --prefix=C:/GNUstep

is no longer recommended and might not work.  To make things simpler, we prefer
people to
develop in the clean MSYS/MinGW Unix-like environment where it's guaranteed
that there are
*no* problems, but making sure the resulting binaries can be then
shipped/distributed/organized
in some other, more Windows-friendly, way. ;-)