RE: Problem building gnustep-base tools with MinGW

From: xavier . glattard
Subject: RE: Problem building gnustep-base tools with MinGW
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:38:54 +0100

Selon Nicola Pero <address@hidden>:

> >> I suggest following the instructions on
> core/make/Documentation/README.MinGW.
> >
> > That's what i did. Many times :-((
> >

> Which version of the document are you following ?
>
> You should follow the one that comes with the version of
> gnustep-make that you are using.  In particular, the one
> from trunk suggests configuring gnustep-make as:

Yes : suggests. Has i am a free man i choose anything else :-)

> ./configure --with-layout=fhs
> make
> make install

Done.
Does not work : same errors.

> PS: stuff like
>
> ./configure --prefix=C:/GNUstep
>
> is no longer recommended and might not work.  To make things simpler, we
> prefer people to develop in the clean MSYS/MinGW Unix-like environment
> where it's guaranteed that there are *no* problems, but making sure the
> resulting binaries can be then shipped/distributed/organized
> in some other, more Windows-friendly, way. ;-)

So GNUstep becomes an Unix-like environment. That's bad.
Do you mean i also have to put my /home directory and my source
files where you think they should be ?

Even my MSYS/mingw installation is not 'standard' as i use some
msys-links :
  / is C:\Dev\msys\1.0
  /mingw is C:\Dev\MinGW\mingw
  /usr/local is C:\Dev\MinGW\local
Should that work with GNUstep or do I have to reinstall the
whole thing ?

Regards

Xavier