Re: NSAnimation...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSAnimation...
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 13:12:25 +0200

Xavier Glattard wrote:
> Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer <at> gmx.de> writes:
>> For me it looks even worse:
>>
>>  Compiling file NSAnimation.m ...
>> In file included from
>> /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/GNUstepBase/GSIArray.h:138,
> compilation twice now, with no luck.
>> /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/GNUstepBase/GSUnion.h:112: error:
>> conflicting types for ‘NSAnimationProgress’
>> ../Headers/AppKit/NSAnimation.h:164: error: previous declaration of
>> ‘NSAnimationProgress’ was here
> (...)
>
> Did you check out -base ? I made some changes in GSIArray.h

Yes, this was my fault, after recompiling base it worked fine.

>> I currently don't have the time to look into this. Form a quick look it
>> is rather a problem in GSIArray than in NSAnimation. But Xavier, when
>> you fix it, could you please also move all the inline functions from the
>> header to the implementation file? We don't want to clutter up the
>> environment for all the users of this header file.
>
> Ok. I use these inline in the demo : i will move them in a private
> header...

Great.

>> Could you please also move over to GNUstep indentation and white space
>> rules? It is not too hard you just need to get used to it.
>
> Is that so important ?? It actually looks pretty ;-)
> I will do my best.

Let's not start to discuss this. We all hate part of the rules, but we
could never agree on any others and it really is best to have one set of
formatting standards.

I am also on the cairo mailing list and there the rules for code are
even stricter then ours (totally different too, of course), but
everybody keeps with them.

Cheers,