Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r24973 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog Instance/fram

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r24973 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog Instance/framework.make
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:20:48 +0200

Le 11 avr. 07 à 13:07, Nicola Pero a écrit :

At a quick look at the bug report - without trying it out - it looks like
the gnustep-make issue is the one I fixed on trunk. :-)

ok :-) I will update my gnustep-make install to test it.

It also looks like etoile.make is trying to create a symlink
libFramework.so --> the actual framework shared lib, which was a good idea
for gnustep-make version 1, but the new gnustep-make also creates such
symlink (since version 1.98.1) and indeed in a completely portable way so you
can always link to a non-installed framework by just using

-Lpath_to_framework/xxx.framework/$GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR (including Apple/Windows/etc).

Hopefully that means you can simplify etoile.make a bit ?

I think so. I will probably wait version 2 is released though.

  If you are only forward-looking
you can just tell people to use gnustep-make from trunk (or from the forthcoming version 2 release) and remove the symlink in etoile.make altogether. Else, you'll have to use ifeq() to check the version of gnustep-make, and create the symlink only for old gnustep-makes.

I see.

PS: If I get some time, I'll check etoile.make in more details and maybe see
if I can help simplifying it.

It's kind to you but that's not urgent anyway :-)

Thanks a lot,
Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé