RE: New GNUstep make puts ffcall libraries in Libraries/lib

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: New GNUstep make puts ffcall libraries in Libraries/lib
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:11:18 +0200 (CEST)

PS: ffcall is not built using gnustep-make ;-)

Presumably you configure it using

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/GNUstep/System

and you notice that that would install the lib into
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries with
gnustep-make v1 and now it installs the lib into /usr/GNUstep/System/lib.

What is likely happening is that we no longer install the config.site file
that was telling ffcall's configure to install libs into
System/Library/Libraries
instead of System/libs. (reason that we don't install config.site is that we
are no longer sure about layouts, we don't want to risk overwriting another
config.site etc)

I personally would install ffcall into /usr/local/lib, but if you really want
it installed
in gnustep's directories, you probably want to do

 ./configure --libdir=/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
--includedir=/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers

that should work both with gnustep-make v1 and v2.

Thanks