Re: Themeing

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: Themeing
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:06:40 -0500

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 09:43:26PM +1000, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> Fred Kiefer wrote:
> Sorry, the reformatting is an accidental part of me writing code or
> possibly my editor (I'm using VIM with tabs set to be expanded to
> spaces: sw=2, cin, expandtab, ai, sta - which one do I turn off?). I'll
> definitely fix it up for next time. I didn't intend this patch to be
> committed to SVN or even reviewed as such; I attached it as an example
> of what I've done so that people could try it out. I know it is a mess
> and thats why I suggest you apply it against a temporary SVN checkout to
> save messing up your working copy.

When I'm working on GNUstep code, the best settings I've found are:
set ts=8
set sts=2
set sw=2
set noet
set nocopyindent

In fact, I have this in my .vimrc:
com! -nargs=0 Gnustep setlocal ts=8 |
  \ setlocal sw=2 |
  \ setlocal sts=2 |
  \ setlocal noet |
  \ setlocal nocopyindent

Then when I start with a GNUstep file, I can just run
:Gnustep
and be up and going with the right settings.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder <address@hidden>
http://www.aeruder.net