SoC Progress

From: Chris Elsmore
Subject: SoC Progress
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:44:20 +0100

Hi!

My name is Chris Elsmore and I'm one of the SoC students working on GNUstep over the summer, focusing on the Text System.

In response to Adams mail, currently I have familiarised myself with the system, read Cocoa documentation with regard to Text storage, layout & management, and also looked at the NSLayoutManager class.

At the moment I am working on the NSLevelIndicatorCell class, fixing methods such as rectOfTickMarkAtIndex to help familiarise myself with the overall GNUstep coding style, and way of doing things. After this, I shall turn my attention to the text system.

Unfortunately I started the project late, due to my university's term times, however I intend to keep working on the project past the official project end to make up for this.

Regards,

Chris