Re: Use gnustep-make for SimpleWebKit on Mac

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: Use gnustep-make for SimpleWebKit on Mac
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:42:32 +0200

Hi,

On 2007-07-15 20:06:00 +0200 "Yen-Ju Chen" <address@hidden> wrote:

  Thanx. But the SWKBrowser/GNUmakefile.postamble
  should use 'tab' instead of 'space'. Otherwise, it will break.
  I think your text editor converts 'tab' into 'space' automatically.
possibly, also the patch didn't apply for me and I had to retype it or do copy&paste so maybe I missed something there. Fixed.

  I suspect it is because there are WebKit and SimpleWebKit on Mac.
  SimpleWebKit/WebKit.h uses <WebKit/Web...>,
  which may refer to Apple WebKit instead of SimpleWebKit.
  Therefore, it mess up the compiler.
My suggestion is to use <SimpleWebKit/Web...> for all SimpleWebKit headers.
I'm not sure there. Having "WebKit" makes compatibility easy and I have seen Nikolaus running SWK on top of cocoa appkit (which is also the way he currently tests it, since both GNUstep and myStep are incomplete or buggy), but by ising directly XCode and not GNUstep make. What changes, I don't know.

-R