Re: Moving to GPLv3

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Moving to GPLv3
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:20:29 -0600

On Jul 11, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

All,

I am going to start reviewing those parts of GNUstep that I am a direct contributor to for movement to the GPLv3 or LGPLv3 where appropriate, namely gnustep-gui and Gorm. Fred, please help me look at gui for any issues regarding this move. I believe for those packages it will be simple.

I would like all of the maintainers for other parts of GNUstep to do the same and report back if there are any issues with moving to the new license.

FYI, GNUstep startup distributes the ffcall and libobjc packages along with the core libraries. Neither are GNUstep packages, although libobjc should soon become GPLv3 along with gcc. However since Startup is not itself installed - it's basically just a meta-package with a few configure scripts, I don't think it would be an issue changing the license to v3.