Re: Cross-compiling from Mac OS X

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling from Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:52:56 +0200

Am 09.09.2007 um 22:14 schrieb Fred Kiefer:

There are still open problems. One of them is the way we defined the
MacOSX version numbers. We use 100400 where Apple uses 1040;

With the advent of Mac OS X 10.4.10 this obviously had to change:

<http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/xcode/2007/6/26/14111>

Xcode 3.0 isn't publicly available and I didn't bother to download 2.5 yet, so I can't tell you the new numbers.

Another problem are the includes of base headers. We use "include" here,
but Apples headers are not protected against multiple inclusion. The
best solution here would be to replace our includes with "import".

You'll find a lot of heated discussion about this in the past years of this list. Get your flame-proof suit handy ;-)

I also need to figure out, how to include the configure step into the
XCode build process

Shell scripts can be run with a shell script build phase. You likely want to put this build phase into a separate target, since it's not needed that often. As Mac OS X's build environment changes every few years only, you could even consider a fixed config_mac_os_x.h (or similar).

how to get the X events from Apple

GNUstep on top of X on top of Cocoa ... no chance to get the apple- apple-apple combo back working?

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/