Re: Cross-compiling from Mac OS X

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling from Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:38:38 +0100

On 9/9/07, Markus Hitter <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Another problem are the includes of base headers. We use "include"
> > here,
> > but Apples headers are not protected against multiple inclusion. The
> > best solution here would be to replace our includes with "import".
>
> You'll find a lot of heated discussion about this in the past years
> of this list. Get your flame-proof suit handy ;-)

Well, as far as I remember, the problem was that gcc decided to mark
#import as deprecated, hence the flamewar on what to do. But unless
I'm mistaken, they de-deprecated it :)
So I'm not sure why we would have a flamewar now if we decide to clean
up things by using #import everywhere.

> > how to get the X events from Apple
>
> GNUstep on top of X on top of Cocoa ... no chance to get the apple-
> apple-apple combo back working?

a long time ago (2-3 years ?) I had GNUstep compiled on OSX, but using
a recompiled gcc, not the apple one; as far as I remember there was
problems with the apple-apple-apple combo back then, you had to use
the GNU runtime, etc.

But apart from this recompiled gcc, nothing special had to be done for
the X part... I'm a bit unsure why you'd need anything special in fact
! Just install X, and that's it.

--
Nicolas Roard