Re: Theming support for NSScroller

From: Günther Noack
Subject: Re: Theming support for NSScroller
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:25:30 +0200

Hi!

I understand your point. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to create themes completely without additional pixmaps, so that drawing performance stays equal to a non-themed GNUstep. So images are not an option for me.

What about this solution:
NSScroller.m and NSScroller.h has a NSScrollerButtonCell and a NSScrollerKnobCell class which inherit from NSButtonCell. Overriding their drawRect:inView: methods would provide enough flexibility to allow both pixmap and programatic theming. Alternatively, these new cell classes could call specific GSTheme methods to let GSTheme draw. Something like -drawScrollerKnobInRect:highlighted: and - drawScrollerButtonInRect:highlighted:, possibly - drawScrollerKnobSlotInRect: (this can be called from -drawKnobSlot in NSScroller).

Best regards,
Günther