Next GNUstep release

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Next GNUstep release
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:18:42 +0200

I am still planing a GNUstep release for the end of October. I think,
having a joined base/gui/back release would be great. Having a make
release as well would only be useful if we change the licence in make to
GPL 3.
In gui and back the change of the licence notice in the files is still
to be done. As far as I remember, we don't have a common view on the
licence for the daemons, should this be LGPL or GPL? But all files
should be changed to GPL/LGPL 3, with the one exception xdnd.[ch], where
we don't have the copyright. I started writing a replacement version,
but as I wanted something working this time, I never finished it. If
somebody is interested in the code I am willing to pass it on.

Judging from the bug reports, my impression is that the current state of
gui and back (excluding the cairo backend) is rather stable.

Cheers,