Gorm issues and next GNUstep core releases

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Gorm issues and next GNUstep core releases
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:42:27 +0100

Hi,

From recent Fred's commits, I just saw that the next gnustep-gui release is on the way. That's great :-) However previous Gorm release crashes with -gui trunk, and Gorm trunk although it doesn't crash anymore has several issues that makes it difficult to use. These issues weren't present in Gorm 2.1, so I think they result from recent gnustep-gui changes and fixing them in a clean manner might involve modifying gnustep-gui. That's why I would like to suggest delaying next core releases until they are fixed. May be all these issues can be fixed directly in Gorm though?… in this case my suggestion is pointless.

The issues I discuss are:
- https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?21402
- view control points (knots) are invisible most of time, this means problems for selecting container subviews and resizing views For this last issue, I have a detailed bug report on the way, I still need to test and write down the expected behavior for each kind of control.

Cheers,
Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé