Re: Release Policy

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Release Policy
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:51:47 -0500

Well, what I was trying to get to with my previous e-mail was that we should only have 1 release, released more often, at a time, exactly to reduce the amount work needed on each release (by everyone).

But this is fine too. :)

Stefan

On Nov 10, 2007 11:07 AM, Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 8, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2007 1:07 PM, Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:
> On a related note.  It appears that the gui release will rely on base
>  >= 1.15.1
>
> So what does that mean?  Does gui 0.13.0 not work with base
> 1.14.1?  (Just saw the new Library Compatibility page on the wiki,
> so yes)  If that's the case, I don't think it's a good idea keeping
> things the way they are then.  I generally make the Slackware
> packages that are on the FTP and what this current policy means to
> people packaging GNUstep is that they HAVE to follow GNUstep
> unstable no matter what since if you want to have a complete
> GNUstep environment you need base + gui.

I'll try to work on back-porting the gui changes to the 0.12 branch
so it's compatible with base 1.14.  But it could be a week before
that happens.