Re: GNUstep Testfarm Results

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GNUstep Testfarm Results
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:05:12 +0100

Yong-Jhen Hong schrieb:
> Hi GNUstep developers,
>
> David Ayers wrote:
>> Adam Fedor schrieb:
>>> Test results for GNUstep as of Mon Dec  3 06:34:10 EST 2007
>>> If a particular system failed compilation, the logs for that system will
>>> be placed at ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/testfarm
>>>
>>> If you would like to be a part of this automated testfarm, see
>>>
> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Developer_FAQ#How_can_I_take_part_with_a_GNUstep_autobuilder_for_the_testfarm.3F
>

>>> Fail Compile i386-unknown-freebsd6.3 Mon Dec  3 15:36:40 CST 2007
>>
>> NSDecimalNumber.m: In function `-[NSDecimalNumber
> initWithBytes:objCType:]':
>> NSDecimalNumber.m:348: warning: implicit declaration of function `isinff'
>> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `isinff'
>> gmake[2]: *** [obj/autogsdoc] Error 1
>> gmake[1]: *** [autogsdoc.all.tool.variables] Error 2
>> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/var/home/gstest/gnustep-testfarm/core/base/Tools'
>> gmake: *** [internal-all] Error 2
>>

>> Could someone with access to a FreeBSD system check whether I need to
>> define something special (akin to _GNU_SOURCE) to make isinff() visible,
>> or let me know of FreeBSD's C-Library simply does not provide isinff?
>
> On my FreeBSD 6.3-RC1 box, isinf() is a macro that supports both
> double and float (so does isnan()), and visible from <math.h>,
> but there is no isinff().
>
> I think it conforms to the ISO C standard according to this:
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/isinf.html
>
> I am not sure about isinff().

Thanks... indeed I was mistaken that isinff() is part of C99.  I could
have used isinf() for floats also as it there seem to be sizeof checks
within that macro to insure that no implicit promotion takes place.

I've currently fellback to fpclassify since I thought that would be more
portable, but it infact it's as portable as the isinf/isnan macros (ie.
C99).  What /might/ have helped on Solaris (or at least newer Solaris
versions) is the "#define _ISO99_SOURCE".

But the current code should also work for FreeBSD.

Cheers,