ProjectCenter and linking libraries

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: ProjectCenter and linking libraries
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:32:35 +0100 (CET)

While looking at a linking problem on Windows reported by Riccardo,
we noticed that Project Center is adding libraries to link to
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS. :-/

That produces incorrect results in some platforms (eg, Windows);
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS
is really to be used for link flags (eg, -Wl,--no-keep-memory) for
libraries the right way is usually adding the -lxxx flags to
ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS. :-)

Ideally, ProjectCenter would have a more advanced and flexible system where you
can
manage the libraries/frameworks that you want to link against, and for each of
them decide what type they are; that would determine if they get added
to ADDITIONAL_OBJC_LIBS, ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS or ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS.  Also,
it's
probably a good idea to be able to specify just the library name - eg, that you
want to link SimpleWebKit.  No need to find the location on disk and there's no
much
point in storing the location on disk since next time you rebuild (or when
someone else,
on another GNUstep installation with a different filesystem layout) the library
might be in another location.

Anyway as a temporary measure (most people using ProjectCenter are using it to
build
GUI software) I'll add them to ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS unless someone tells me
otherwise. ;-)

Thanks

PS: I had a look at ProjectCenter and I was quite impressed - it's much improved
since last time I looked at it.  Well done! :-)