Re: error building base

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: error building base
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:44:06 +0000

On 4 Jan 2008, at 15:35, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Hi,

while building gnustep-base inside an RPM I get an error of this kind:

Making all in SSL...
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gnustep- base-1.15.2/SSL'
Making all for bundle SSL...
Creating SSL.bundle/....
Compiling file GSSSLHandle.m ...
Linking bundle SSL ...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnustep-gui
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [SSL.bundle/./SSL] Error 1
make[1]: *** [SSL.all.bundle.variables] Error 2

gui required by base???

I use gnustep-make 2.0.1 since 2.0.2 doesn't install due to missing documentation

Ideas?

You must have a gnustep-make installation in which gnustep-gui had been built/installed and where gnustep-gui was subsequently deleted manually rather than being uninstalled. So the makefile fragment for gnustep-gui is still in the make installation.

Removing the old makefile fragment ($GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/Additional/ gui.make) will probably fix it.