GNUstep base and GNU TLS

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: GNUstep base and GNU TLS
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:19:47 +0100

Looks like GNUstep base now requires gnutls by default. I was used to
get a message that I wont be able to use SSL. That way a bit annoying,
as I really didn't want to use it, but that was all. It still let me
compile GNUstep base without any special options. But TLS now seems to
be even more important, it stops you from compiling.

I am willing to install the dev package for this software, but we should
be aware that any dependency that forces a user to either install new
software or use a configure switch will stop some users from compiling
and using GNUstep. Couldn't configure just fall back to a build without TLS?

Cheers,