GNustep make and fat binaries

From: Pete French
Subject: GNustep make and fat binaries
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:43:50 +0000

Is there any way to make GNustep make produce universal binaries on OSX?
We are trying to make a fat version of Renaissance - but the usual trick
of setting CC to 'cc -arch ppc -arch i386' doesnt work as some of
the options GNustep make uses with gcc are not compatible with two
architectires apparently. is there a recommended way to do this ?

I havent played with fat biaries since OpenStep - I was amazed they
worked exactly the same way... but now I am wondering if actually they dont
and my knowledge is simply out of date.

any advice guys ?

cheers,

-pete.