Re: GNUStep Alternative to CGImage

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUStep Alternative to CGImage
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:56:07 -0700

On Feb 26, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Justin Kendrick wrote:
I'm trying to write an open-source clone of Core Animation to use with
GNUStep.  Of course, CA's interface is fairly highly coupled with
Quartz/CoreGraphics, mainly in its use of CGImage to pass image data in and out. NSImage seems heavier-weight, with its representation system, but I don't know if NSImageRep is really suitable for that. Does anyone
on the list have more perspective on this?

From a short look at the specification of CGImage I would say that it is
more similar to NSBitmapImageRep. Not sure if this helps.

A while back, I put together a skeleton of the Quartz/CoreGraphics system as part of GNUstep (see the GSFusedSilica and GSFusedSilicaContext files). The CGImage part isn't implemented, but I think I had plans to implement it in terms of NSBitmapImageRep.