fyi - Mac OS native GDL2 / GSWeb Installer package

From: Tim McIntosh
Subject: fyi - Mac OS native GDL2 / GSWeb Installer package
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 01:47:25 -0600

Hi All,

I mentioned this last week over on the GSW Hackers list, but I'll repeat it here in case anyone is interested who doesn't subscribe to that list (I've also made some progress since my original post) -

I've been working on a Mac OS native port of the GSWeb and GDL2 frameworks, for use with Xcode and the Cocoa frameworks outside of a full GNUstep environment. I have put together Installer packages for Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5, which can be found here:

        http://hoth.radiofreeomaha.net:3000/~tmcintos/GNUstepWeb/

I have made a number of minor changes that I eventually intend to either undo or get accepted into the mainline. One difference in this version that may never make it into the mainline is the use of Cocoa- style (native) KVC (as opposed to WO-4.5 style), which I wanted for use with the WO5 app that I'm porting.

You are welcome to try it out if you're interested. Please keep in mind that this is unsupported work-in-progress. The build is Universal but I've only tested on PowerPC (no Intel machines here). Your mileage may vary.

Thanks,
-Tim