Re: Next release

From: Hubert Chathi
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:51:05 -0500

Adam Fedor wrote:

>> On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Hubert Chathi wrote:
>>>
>> I was intending on tracking the GNUstep unstable branch in Debian
>> experimental, but we currently have some unresolved issues regarding
>> ffcall/libffi.

> I think tracking unstable would be a good idea.

OK, I will work on getting unstable in.

> Are you having general problems with libffi/ffcall or on a particular
> platform?

Well, ffcall, as you know, doesn't work properly on SELinux, PAX, etc.
I had a report of libffi not working on x86_64 (see one of my previous
messages), and I don't have proper access to an x86_64 box to debug.  So
it seems like neither solution will work in general for all users.

I'm working a solution to provide both versions in Debian, but it'll be
a bit before I can implement it, due to lack of time.

--
Hubert Chathi <address@hidden> -- Jabber: address@hidden
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/