Re: case sensitivity in make flags

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: case sensitivity in make flags
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:18:22 -0800

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Nicola Pero
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  But as you very correctly point out, that makes lot of sense for variables
>  which are lowercase (eg, debug=yes, messages=yes, strip=yes), but is not
>  really natural for variables that are uppercase - eg,
> xxx_HAS_RESOURCE_BUNDLE=yes,
>  where obviously it comes more natural to write xxx_HAS_RESOURCE_BUNDLE=YES.
> :-(

I think you missed the point i was actually trying to make, the point
was that my makefile had been
in GNUstep cvs and working for a long time, and then the case of the
flag changed, and my
subproject then began lacking resources.

>  Anyway, other suggestions or comments welcome
>
>  I believe that Adam is doing a gnustep-make stable release soon, so I
> wouldn't want
>  to make changes to subversion until he's done - so no hurry :-) - but it
> will get
>  done.

because this behaviour has changed it might break existing makefiles
(it actually already has)
I would prefer that the change DO make it into the release. so IMHO hurry :P

I have changed the GNUmakefile in question, because i'm not sure if
this change of behaviour has made it into a previous release.