Re: FW: Continuous Buttons

From: Chad Landis
Subject: Re: FW: Continuous Buttons
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:46:29 -0400

I have noticed this same issue. Using an NSButton (using continuous mode or not), when I click and
hold down the button, the main thread run loop doesn't seem to continue processing drawing update events. For example: In a secondary thread, I create NSImage objects and then use performSelectorOnMainThread:withObject:waitUntilDone: to call setImage: on an NSImageView. This process happens several times a second, and works great until a button is held down. The image view stops updating upon button press, and then resumes updating when the button is released. If the button is in continuous mode, it does generate periodic events, but the image view does not update. The run loop is processing the periodic events from the button, but not the display events for the image view. Has anyone else experienced this before? Its certainly possible I'm doing something incorrectly and would appreciate any guidance. However, I have used this code with Cocoa on Mac OS X and it works as expected. Thanks very much for your help, Chad Landis