Re: bindings and Renaissance

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: bindings and Renaissance
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:29:53 -0700 (PDT)

One thing I feel compelled to mention...

Gorm is now "angostic" about the format it reads and saves.   The
reader/builder classes are what handle transformation to and from the internal
data structures.

Also, Gorm's editors allow editing of any kind of object (auto layout enabled
or not).

One of the features I'm going to add to Gorm soon is the ability to have
"plugins" that will allow you to extend Gorm's capabilities without adding a
palette.  This will make it easier to add a reader/builder for Renaissance (or
any other format you fancy).

My dream for Gorm is to make it a "universal" GUI builder that can be adapted
to almost anything.

Later, GJC

Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer