Re: GPLv2 licensing issues

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: GPLv2 licensing issues
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:41:20 -0500

Hmm... I just got to this portion of the FAQ:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility

And it seems that if you have a LGPLv3 library you cannot like a GPLv2 only program to it.  I guess I'm more confused now.  I've always had the understanding that GPL software can be dynamically linked against software under any license, however this goes against that understanding.

This seems like something that needs to be escalated to the FSF for clarification... unless there's a lawyer in our midst!

Stefan