Re: GSoC participant

From: Matt Ball
Subject: Re: GSoC participant
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:32:23 -0700

Hi all,

I'm yet another GSoC participant. My project will mostly consist of factoring the drawing code for all controls out of the control classes themselves and into an external resource in order to provide consistent theming. If time allows, I'll also be working on implementing an additional theme using the win32 APIs to allow for a consistent appearance on Windows.

As for a short bit about myself, I'm a 19 year old undergrad at UCLA, majoring in Computer Science and Engineering. This will be my first official contribution to an open source group, but I've been coding on my own for roughly the last 10 years. Nowadays, I mostly specialize in Cocoa development, so GNUStep is certainly a good fit!

Anyway, I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and let everyone know what I'll be working on. Thanks, and good luck to all other GSoC participants!

- Matt Ball