Re: Renaissance Tutorial

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance Tutorial
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:11:11 +0100

On 2 May 2008, at 10:06, Steven Mak wrote:

Hi,

Succeeded in installing Renaissance on Windows, then I tried on the tutorial on the website:

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/Renaissance/node4.html

I tried creating the main.m, Window.gsmarkup, and the GNUmakefile. I can make the program. But then when I execute the "openapp ./ Example.cpp". I got the following messages and the example program doesn't appear.

$ openapp ./Example.app
2008-05-02 16:54:04.004 Example[2792] Problem posting notification: <NSException: 0x1856db0> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:NSBundle(class) does not recognize loadGSMarkupNamed:owner: INFO:(nil)

Do anyone know what is going wrong here? I am still trying to see if it is a good tool for Windows app development for our product. Yet it appears to be more difficult than I thought.

The following section of the Renaissance manual might apply --

"2.5.2 A small tweak to get it to work on Microsoft Windows

If you are only using the NSBundle Additions API, you can have a problem on Microsoft Windows where you need to reference something inside a library to get it linked in. The recommended workaround is to add the following line (or a similar one) to your program (typically in your main.m file):

int (*linkRenaissanceIn)(int, const char **) = GSMarkupApplicationMain;

This defines a (dummy) function pointer called linkRenaissanceInt, and generates a reference to GSMarkupApplicationMain which fixes the problem."

Let me know if that fixes it. ;-)

Thanks