Re: gdnc.exe remained

From: Steven Mak
Subject: Re: gdnc.exe remained
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 23:04:17 -0700 (PDT)

How to close it in the program? any function or library calls doing this already?

Thank you.

Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

On 7 May 2008, at 05:45, Steven Mak wrote:

> Thank you, the line fixed the problem.
>
> int (*linkRenaissanceIn)(int, const char **) =
> GSMarkupApplicationMain;
>
> Now I have another question. When I run the program, the window
> popped up. It also invoked another program called gdnc.exe.
>
> However, when I close my program, this gdnc.exe remains running in
> the system. Can I know if I can close this program when I exit my
> example program?

Yes, you can close the program if you aren't running any other GNUstep
apps ... though it's best to leave it running as it provides a shared
service to all GNUstep applications you are running on the machine,
and leaving it running avoids the app having to restart it when the
app is next reun.