Re: install_name for libraries and frameworks on OS X

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: install_name for libraries and frameworks on OS X
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:16:18 -0600

On May 13, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

2. it means you can't move your library/framework from its final installation dir; this is different than what happens on all other platforms, and could make packaging more difficult (packaging usually installs things into a temporary directory, different from the one where things will be installed for real when you install the package) (I suppose that's not much of an issue if people are using whatever "Apple way" there is to package on Apple) - it can certainly be confusing for users coming from another platform. Maybe we can provide instructions on changing
it after the installation.

I don't think that's a problem, as you're supposed to use DESTDIR when installing to a different (temporary) location. Still it might be nice to make the patch configurable.