Re: Next stable release?

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Next stable release?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 07:02:26 -0700

On 6/6/08, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
>>
>> On 5 Jun 2008, at 20:11, address@hidden wrote:
>>
>>> Following on David's email,  It's been over a year since we last
>>> branched a stable release.  Should we try to do another one soon?
>>
>> I guess so.
>>
>> I really wanted to get base much more compatible with the latest MacOS-X
>> before doing another stable release, but I just haven't had the time to
>> do any real work on that, so realistically it's not worth waiting.
>>
>> I don't see any reason at all not to make a new stable release of
>> gui/back, but perhaps Fred knows differently.
>>

> A new stable release is fine for me. I think the current code is far
> better then the 0.12 release and I don't see any mayor incompatibility
> change coming up in the near future.
> There is one thing I should do before a new back release, that is test
> with cairo 1.6.4 to see how to avoid the black bars that have been
> reported. I hope to do this on the weekend, after that a release should
> be possible.
> Just one more question: Are we all confident that the big changes I made
> to NSWindow and GSLayoutManager are now stable enough? They work
> perfectly for me, but that isn't a real test.

I just wanted to chime in that these fixes exposed a bug in DBModeler,
before things were leaking, the fixes showed that in some
implementation of -dealloc we were iterating over an array while a
method called from dealloc had been changed to modify the array.
after fixing that everything appears to be working fine for it.

I did notice an NSTableView bug though, and its reproducable afaict
with any editable tableview if you edit a field after editing its row
never set as needing display, you have to click a row to get things to
redraw.