Re: Next stable release?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Next stable release?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure, but I defer to Fred's judgement entirely on this.

But my opinion is that If we do deprecate it, it should not be removed for a
while.  The reason is that the xlib/x11 backend is a good fallback position to
have when all else fails.   Additionally, on older machines, the xlib backend
is the only thing that's useful since the art and/or cairo backends may be
somewhat slow on them.

Later, GC

 Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer