Re: GDL2 Release for Debian Lenny

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GDL2 Release for Debian Lenny
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 21:17:35 +0200

Gürkan Sengün wrote:
Fred Kiefer wrote:
Gürkan Sengün wrote:
I would like to know which versions (stable/unstable) are to be expected
for Lenny so that I can match/remove some of the workarounds and hacks
needed.

If we manage to make new and non memory leaking (timemon.app+gnustep-gui, right bheron?) tarball releases and Hubert can insert them into Lenny, I'm all up to help transition all the GNUstep software in Debian for Lenny. Including
GDL2.

As far as I know all reported memory leaks have been fixed in gui and back for the SVN version. Could you please recheck your application if there is still an issue?

Not really, but could you build and run TimeMon? It leaked like 500 MB,
in half an hour.

As I wrote, all known memory leaks have been fixed in SVN, this was one of them. As far as I can tell TimeMon is not leaking any memory what so ever. At least not during the first ten minutes, which was the longest I tried up to now. :-)

I am unable to build gnustep myself because building it is so hard. I prefer
to use prebuilt binary debian packages of Hubert.

What is your problem with compiling GNUstep from SVN? We try had to make it easy to build GNUstep, what is stopping you?