Re: [Debian GNUstep maintainers] GDL2 Release for Debian Lenny

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: [Debian GNUstep maintainers] GDL2 Release for Debian Lenny
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 14:17:11 +0100

Hubert Chathi wrote:

Until the LGPL3/GPL2 issue is resolved, those are the latest
versions that we can have in Debian, or else we'd have to get rid of
Terminal.app (and a few other packages) from Debian.

With regard to the license conflict, would it be acceptable to the FSF for GNUstep to be dual-licensed as LGPLv3, and GPLv2 or later? For most people, LGPLv3 would be better, but anyone linking against PopplerKit or similar would be able to go with GPLv2.